Flying to New Zealand
Many NZ cities offer direct flights.
Strict security measures to protect against terrorism and pestilence
Duty free shopping
Goods up to the value of NZ$700 are exempt from duty
You must notify a Customs officer if your are bringing more than NZ$10,000 into the country or its foreign equivalent.
- Strict NZ quarantine laws are in force
- Live animals and plants are prohibited by law
- Some goods may be inspected if they are suspected to be carrying foot and mouth disease
- You must fill in a quarantine declaration form on your incoming flight
- Please dispose of any items that are prohibited by law in the disposal bins provided at the airport
- Please ensure that you fully comply with all customs regulations and procedures
- Use the red lane to make a declaration or if you're not sure. Otherwise, proceed to the green lane
At the Airport
At the airport, luggage trolleys are free and at the Auckland International Airport, you will be warmly greeted by Kiwi hospitality.
Leaving New Zealand
In order to get a visa, you must provide evidence of sufficient funds to cover your journey back home.