New Zealand Working Visa

Enhancements to immigration policy will make it easier for international students to work and study in New Zealand. The changes which come into force from 4 July 2005, will give more opportunities for international students to gain work permits after they have completed their studies.

The changes are:

International students who have graduated from a course that would gain points under Skilled Migrant Category will be eligible for a six month open work permit.

The pool of students eligible to work part time while studying will be expanded to include Year 12 & 13 school students and some English language students, provided certain conditions, including English language standards, are met.

Eligible students will be able to apply to work for up to 20 hours a week during a term, instead of the current 15 hours.

Anyone undertaking a course of 12 months or more will be able to apply to work full-time over the summer holidays.

Partners of students studying in areas of absolute skill shortage and partners of all postgraduate students will be able to apply for an open work permit valid for the duration of the student’s course of study.

Education providers will be required to monitor international students' performance and attendance records to prevent any potential abuse of the system.

For more information please visit the NZ Immigration website

Please wait...
Send a message

Our registered education agents help you for free to find a course and enrol at the education provider of your choice. Send us your questions.

* Name
* Email
* Nationality
* Message
Contact us now

Need more help? Save time by starting your support request online.

* Name
* Email
* Nationality
* Message
We' offer you free services!

Help us help you better! Feel free to leave us any additional feedback.

How do you rate our support?
Translate »