Study in New Zealand - Course requirements - Requirements for study programmes
To be eligible for a Student Visa or Permit you need to have an offer of a place from a New Zealand education provider.
To meet the New Zealand Immigration Service requirements, an offer of a place made by a New Zealand education provider must include:
- the name of the course and the minimum time required for completing it
- proof that the course and course provider meet New Zealand’s requirements for international students
- the amount of the fee for the complete course, or, if the course is longer than one year, the annual fee
- whether or not the student has to pay course fees.
Want to see the wording of the policy?
- Go directly to the Operations Manual.
- Find out about the requirements for courses offered to primary and secondary school age students.
- Find out about the requirements for tertiary courses offered to students who’ve completed or left secondary school.