Study in New Zealand - Plans to leave New Zealand - Evidence of arrangements to leave New Zealand
Before granting you a Student Visa or Permit the New Zealand Immigration Service may want evidence that you have plans to leave New Zealand once your study is finished. Evidence that you have travel plans to leave New Zealand after your stay can include:
- confirmed or open-dated travel tickets out of New Zealand to a country you may rightfully enter
- a letter from an airline or travel agent to say your travel has been booked and paid for
- sufficient funds held in New Zealand, additional to the funds you’ll need for your living expenses
- an approved undertaking from a New Zealand sponsor that, if necessary, they’ll meet the cost of your travel back to your home country at the completion of your training
- an undertaking from someone else that, if necessary, they’ll meet the cost of your travel back to your home country at the completion of your training. We’ll need this before considering you for a visa
- financial assistance available to you under an aid programme operated in New Zealand by a government agency.